Sunday, February 18, 2007

Digging out..............

It's been a loooong week here at the brewery. By the time you start digging out from 2 feet of snow and figure out where to put it, a nice Sunday brew starts to look pretty good. Just racked the Budvar pilsner. It already tastes pretty good and isn't that cloudy either. A new brewer might consider it ready to bottle now, but patience will really pay off. The cellar is hovering just above 50F, so I will probably lager this pilsner for at least 4 weeks. I could go longer but that will work, then another couple of weeks to carbonate, so it's still going to be some time before it's in my glass.
Today's brew is an American pale ale. I have been storing a Rogue "pacman" yeast since the end of December. So I'm making a very hoppy, light orange pale ale. The starting gravity looks like it's coming in at 1.060 so it'll take plenty of Sorachi Ace and Amarillo and a little leftover Columbus for the aroma.

No comments: