Thursday, February 8, 2007

Too much fun.................


Not posting in as timely a manner as I meant to, but I have an excellent excuse. Last weekend I spent the day with a bus full of my friends and set off to New Hampshire and beyond. New Hampshire stops were at Moat Mountain and Tuckerman Brewing. Brewer Will at Moat shared his beers, fine lagers, and gave us a tour. The tour at Tuckerman was interupted by periodic visits to the shop for tastes, a fine altbier and a pale ale. The altbier in particular was very good. But the "beyond" of our tour was Ebenezer's pub in the middle of some woods on a long stretch of Maine highway. I was on a bus so I didn't really need to know where I was....so I didn't. This is the beer Chris opened for us................and the hospitality and great beers just went wild from there. By the way, this is a BIG bottle. A magnum perhaps. I remember having a wonderful Cantillion Iris and a lot of fun. Oh yeah, I was celebrating the day before my birthday too. Too bad I was having so much fun I forgot to eat anything. It was a hungry ride home.
But I did get some brew jobs done this week. The witbier was racked (pretty tasty, but I might still jazz it up a bit) and I kegged an altbier (the one I made on New Year's Day). I know, I'm rushing it (I never even moved it down to the cellar to lager) but we are out of keg beer.
Starting to plan the next brew........I have a Rogue yeast and an English yeast, the West Yorkshire ale. So it'll be an American pale or brown or maybe an ESB. Not sure but I have till Saturday to decide.
The Budvar lager is still fermenting, it's 48F in the cellar.

No comments: